Thursday, September 22, 2011

Time to update!

A lot has happened since my last post!  Actually it seems like ages since I updated.  I don't even know where to start.  My goal is to start blogging once a week to begin and then work on daily.  Trying to get up to date is going to be killer.

So here goes......

My first garden ever did great.  There were a few things that didn't grow buy for the most part everything did well!  I was just a little bit proud of myself :)  The whole garden was done organically, no chemicals or pesticides here. Last week I harvested the last of the goodies and turned it over to the animals. 

The animals....  In my previous post i mentioned chickens and pigs well now we have added 5 cows and 1 strange goat. Our first cow was Daisy, a milk cow, she is 6 months old now and loves attention.  She hung out with the pigs so long before we got other cows, we call her the big brown pig. Next came Fiona and Woolly Bully.  Fiona is a beautiful white Scottish Highland heifer and Woolly Bully is a Scottish Highland bull.  She is 6 months old and he is 1 yr. 



Last week 2 more Scottish Highland cows arrived.  Rufus is our 2 yr old bull and Snooki is our yearling heifer.  I will have to gets some pics uploaded to the new ones soon.

Our crazy goat!  I have never been around goats in my life so I am not sure how they are suppose to act but, I think this one is strange.  It acts like a dog!  She even hits you with her paw/hoof if you stop petting her.  She won't stay in the fence and stands at the front door begging to come in. She is so freaking cute though.

The pigs are doing great and Big Mama is due the end of October. 




Ryan--So baseball is over and he is now playing football.  That is a separate entry about the issues with football this year.  He is doing great but there are so serious issues with the team/coaching. 

Homeschooling has resumed!  I love my new Language Arts Curriculum, Ryan doesn't because it is requiring him to read a lot!  Homeschooling is a bit of a challenge because Ryan "hates" school.  But, we are working through it slowly.  There are some tears and yelling on both sides but I am hoping things will turn around soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment