Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fencing! How could I forget all about our fencing projects.

Putting up High-Tensile Fence is not fun at all.  However, it has to be done.  So we rented a post pounder, that machine scares the crap out of me.  Its loud and it drives 10 ft posts in 5 ft by whacking them!  So far we have done about 15 acres and many more to go.  We really want to be able to do rotational grazing with our animals.  All of our animals are out to pasture including our heritage breed pigs.  So, this winter will be more land clearing with more fencing in the spring, I can't wait.  Did you detect the sarcasm?  So, since we live in West Virginia, nothing is flat so after running this fence with my husband you think I would be like 90 lbs but, not so much.  I honestly think that the fencing is the hardest work I have ever done in my whole life!  It is rewarding  knowing that our animal will have lots of nice green pasture!

Did you catch that I said more land clearing in the winter?  I swear that is the best time to clear land.  We have tons of pricker bushes and multifloral rose bushes here so its much easier to clear when they not green and blooming.  I would also rather clear in 20 degrees and snow than 85 and humid.  I think we are the only people on our mountain that actually go outside in the winter let alone work in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment