Friday, September 30, 2011

Homeschool updates

This week has been a little better not as much whining and crying from either side.  I was pretty strict and his attitude improved.  I hope it continues to improve!  I think he will realized that we mean business when it comes to school.

In arithmetic we are currently working on division we did 2's yesterday and we did 3's today.  He does really well in Math probably because he like it and it comes easy to him.

In Language arts we are working on homophones, writing paragraphs, and of course spelling, vocabulary and reading.  I ordered some Mad Libs and they came in this week.  He loves them.  I forgot how fun they were.  They changed a bit, my Mad Libs didn't have a word bank to choose from and these do but we don't use it.  I let him be as creative as possible with these.  When I was ordering them I saw the had adult ones ;) hummmm I wonder?!  I didn't buy them but I was tempted :)

History is really cool we are learning a lot, yes I said WE.  I love the History curriculum I have,  it starts in the beginning and goes through history chronologically.  We are currently in Volume 1: Ancient Times.  This week we have learned about Hieroglyphs and Cuneiform. We also learned about how and why mummies were made and about Egyptian Pyramids.

Science is always our favorite subject.  We are currently learning about different types of plants and trees and how seed are scattered.  Plus, science is always ongoing since we live on a farm. 

Next week we are going to get back into cursive writing.  I not big on cursive but he has to learn it so he can read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment